“One of the best italian jazz musicians” in 2013 and “one of the best talents to emerge” in 2010/2011 according to the charts of “Musica Jazz” magazine Gianni Denitto comes to jazz with a wealth of experience in classical, electronic, and rock music. He earned two Bachelor degrees with honour in Jazz and Classical music after 11 years studying at the Conservatory in Italy. Proud Endorser of Rampone&Cazzani saxes and Roland Europe for RC 505. His first album as a leader was released in 2012 by Universal Music Italia.
He collaborated with Italian Embassy in Beijing and Dakar, Italian Institute of Culture in Beijing Shanghai Delhi and Mumbai, Italian Consulate in Perth and Calcutta.
He taught in international art academies such the Kathmandu Jazz Conservatory, Beijing Contemporary Music Academy, Yunnan Art University (china), Global Music Institute Delhi and True music school Mumbai.
More infos on www.giannidenitto.com (press, photos, music, concerts)
Gianni has played in a large number of venues, clubs and Festivals throughout Italy and abroad including l’Opera de Nice (France) Rendez Vous Festival, Antaragni Festival, Kashiyatra Festival, Goa Central Library, Kolkata Book Fair, Bar Palladio Jaipur, Blue Frog Mumbai, Blue Frog Pune, Sulafest Nashik (India) Centre Culturel Douta Seck, Just 4U, Must Club (Senegal) , Jazzmandu Festival, Reconception of Jazz Festival (Nepal), Smalls Club e 55 bar club (NY), Yue Fu Club, Italian Embassy Theatre, Western Shore Art Salon Tianjin, Midi Festival Shanghai, JZ club Shanghai, On Stage Club, East Shore Jazz Beijing (China) , Auditorium Rai, Piccolo Teatro Milano, Auditorium Parco della Musica, Roccella Jazz Festival, Piacenza Jazz Festival, Torino JF (Italy), Radio Suisse, Chorus JC (Suisse), Ostroda Reggae Festival (Poland) Overjam Festival (Slovenia) in solo and with artist like Orchestra Sinfonica Rai, Ike Willis, Eric Vloeimans, Miroslav Vitous, Furio di Castri, Fabrizio Bosso, Tullio de Piscopo, Billy Cobham, Indian Oceans, Aida Samb, Zion Train, and more
“BRAIN ON A SOFA”
Brain on a Sofa is the solo saxophone performance with electronics by Gianni Denitto. In this project Gianni wants to tell his story: his experiences in different kinds of music, his travels, the cultural contaminations. An experimental solo sax project, pairing Jazz acoustics with electronic sound, exploring the nuance of saxophone and the boundaries of Jazz. Brain on a Sofa is also an album, his second one as a leader. The first one was released by Universal Music Italia. The audio tracks are freely downloadable from december 19th 2014 on www.giannidenitto.com. Thanks to the creative loop machine RC 505 (Roland Europe artist from 2014) and some external samples, Gianni is able to create original songs with a very personal sound, which include both free style and detailed arrangements.
LINK TO THE OFFICIAL YOUTUBE VIDEO
LISTEN THE FULL BRAIN ON A SOFA
List of main past performances – BRAIN ON A SOFA
– Rendezvous Festival, New Delhi (India)
– Antaragni Festival, Kanpur (India)
– USA Embassy School Theatre, New Delhi (India)
– Book Fair Festival, Calcutta (India)
– Calcutta Music School and Calcutta Club (India)
– Torino Jazz Festival- Torino Jazz Club (Italy)
– Italian Embassy Theatre, Beijing (China)
– MIDI Festival, Shanghai (China)
– Western Shore Art Saloon, Tianjin (China)
– Temporary Art Museum, Torino (Italy)
– Yunnan Art University, Kunming (China)
– Bar Palladio, Jaipur (India)
– Reconception of Jazz Festival, Kathmandu (Nepal)
– Kashiyatra Festival, Varanasi (India)
– JZ and On Stage Club , Shanghai (China)
– Just 4U Club e Le Must Club, Dakar (Senegal)
– Central Library, Goa (India)
– Mixité Music Festival, Milano (Italy)
– Perth International Jazz Festival (Australia)
– Italian Consulate Perth (Australia)
– Jazzit Fest, Terni (Italy)